Offered in more than forty specialisations, the MBA (Master of Business Administration) program is one of the most preferred courses for graduates and working professionals to boost their careers. Pursuing an MBA degree can open new doors for job opportunities in different sectors, but the college from where you pursue the course plays a crucial role in your career.
Delhi, one of India’s most popular MBA destinations, has over 130 colleges. With a history of academic excellence, the national capital also offers high placements in some of the top companies. So, if you want to pursue an MBA from a reputed college to boost your career, learn about the best MBA colleges in Delhi.
What is MBA?
The MBA degree is a two-year postgraduate course that focuses on the study of business administration and management. The MBA course imparts knowledge in key business functioning and growth concepts such as brand management, marketing, personnel management, working capital management, etc. It is a promising course for students who wish to pursue a career in management or start their businesses. Students from Science, Humanities, and Commerce backgrounds can pursue an MBA program in their area of interest.
MBA Colleges in Delhi: Eligibility Criteria
While the eligibility criteria to get into an MBA course may vary with colleges, the common eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Candidates must have graduated from a recognised university in any stream.
- For most MBA colleges in Delhi, the minimum score in graduation should be 50%. However, the minimum marks for the reserved category are 45%.
- Candidates in their final graduation year can also apply for an MBA course by providing proof of completion of the degree within the specified time.
MBA Colleges in Delhi: Key Details
Some of the key details about MBA colleges in Delhi are as follows:
- Number of Colleges (approx): 130
- Popular Specialisations: Sales and Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, Information Technology and Systems, Business Administration, etc.
- Popular Entrance Exams: CAT (Common Admission Test), CMAT (Common Management Admission Test), MAT (Management Aptitude Test), XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test), etc.
- Top Recruiters: ITC, Samsung, Reliance, Capgemini, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Goldman Sachs and others.
MBA Colleges in Delhi: Popular Specialisations
MBA offers more than forty specialisations. Following are some of the MBA specialisations that you can pursue in Delhi:
- Human Resouces
- Sales and Marketing
- Information Technology and Systems
- Healthcare and Hospital
- Business Analytics
- Transport and Logistics
- Travel and Tourism
- Project Management
- Rural Management
- Data Science
- International Business
- Agriculture and Food Business
- Supply Chain, etc.
The top five specialisations that are most popular among students and are offered by MBA colleges in Delhi are as follows:
- Sales and Marketing
- Information Technology and Systems
- Human Resources
MBA Colleges in Delhi: Entrance Exams
Admissions to Master of Business Administration in most Delhi colleges are based on the candidates’ scores in the relevant entrance exams conducted at national, state and university levels. Some of the popular entrance exams to get into the top MBA colleges in Delhi are as follows:
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier’s Aptitude Test)
- ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admission)
- IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) Entrance exam
- JMI (Jamia Millia Islamia) Entrance exam
- BMAT (Bharati Vidyapeeth Management Aptitude Test)
What are the Best MBA Colleges in Delhi?
The top MBA colleges in Delhi with fees are as follows:
|Serial Number||College||Average fees|
||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||₹10.4 lakhs|
||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)||₹7.85 lakhs|
||Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)||₹65,000|
||International Management Institute (IMI)||₹17.32 lakhs|
||Fore School of Management||₹15.2 lakhs|
||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||₹1.58 lakhs|
||Jagan Institute of Management Studies||₹4.3 lakhs|
||Jamia Hamdard||₹3.78 lakhs|
||Jagannath International Management School||₹7.95 lakhs|
||Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management and Research||₹6.5 lakhs|
Best ROI (Return on Investment) Colleges in Delhi
While pursuing a course from a university or college, considering the ROI (Return on Investment) is crucial to assess the return or benefit from pursuing the system from a college. ROI helps you to know the recovery in the form of salary or placements on your invested college fee.
Hence the top MBA colleges in Delhi with the best ROI are as follows:
|College||Average Median Package|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)||₹24 lakhs|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||₹16.2 lakhs|
|International Management Institute (IMI)||₹12.15 lakhs|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||₹6 lakhs|
Best Private MBA Colleges in Delhi
Some of the best private MBA colleges in Delhi are as follows:
- Management Development Institute
- Amity University
- International Management Institute
- Institute of Management Technology
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- Fore School of Management
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies
MBA Colleges in Delhi: Top Recruiters
Completing your MBA degree from a reputed MBA college in Delhi can help you fetch a lucrative job in the following companies:
- Goldman Sachs
- Axis Bank
- OYO Rooms
Pursuing MBA from the best MBA colleges in Delhi provides a plethora of job opportunities in the fields of advertising, media, digital marketing, etc. Now that you know the best MBA colleges in Delhi, you must research more about their eligibility criteria, admission process, course fee, and placements before applying.
And, if you need help with the same, you can check out leading education services platforms like Sunstone, which offer various benefits across campuses in India. For instance, Sunstone offers admission guidance, fee payment assistance, industry-aligned training, relevant internships, development of personality and soft skills, job placement guarantee, interviews with leading recruiters and so on.